TechInAfrica – The multibillionaire company Samsung has offered door-to-door service in South Africa as an alternative to the customer care center.
The service applies to 40 km radius customers.
“Many people don’t always have the time to drive to a customer care center – especially as they juggle both their home and work commitments,” says an official release from the company.
“Fortunately, you can now opt to have your smartphone picked up from your home or business, repaired and returned with Samsung’s Door to Door service”.
The Acting E-Commerce Lead of Samsung South Africa, David Moncur, said, “At Samsung, we’re continuously searching for new ways to make life easier. We, therefore, listened to the needs of our customers and created a first-of-its-kind service in the country.”
“This methodology of innovation and convenience is built into all the products we design, and through our committed service offering we will continue to put customers first, in exciting new ways.”
The company has few regulations about the service, which includes:
- Samsung decides the time of collection
- Customer to pay the cost of pick-up and return of his smartphone (R330 or USD 24.07)
- Customer can track the repair progress and get notified after completion
- Samsung inform the delivery time, which may include additional costs for a missed pre-scheduled time
- Repaired smartphones will follow COVID regulations by proper sanitation and packaging
- The accepted Samsung models for service are:
Samsung Smartphones: Samsung Galaxy Z (all models) Samsung Galaxy S (all models) Samsung Galaxy Note 20 5G, Samsung Galaxy Note (all models) Samsung Galaxy A (all models) Samsung Galaxy J (all models)
Samsung Tablets: Galaxy Tab S (all models) Galaxy Tab A (all models) Galaxy Tab Active (all models)
Samsung Watches: Galaxy Watch (all models) Galaxy Watch Active (all models) Galaxy Fit (all models)
Samsung Buds: Galaxy Buds (all models)