TechInAfrica – One of the awaited Summit this year is the SingularityU South Africa Summit 2019, held from 16th to 17th October in Kyalami International Convention Center, Sandton, with the annual event now in its third year. The organizers conduct a meeting today to discuss the ideas that will become the topic during the Summit, as well as holding a VR press conference pulling in experts from across the globe to highlight how the two-day conference will aim to #FutureproofAfrica.
More than 25 local and international speakers will attend the event, delivering presentations of industry innovations or highlighting significant issues.
These are the attending speakers from the event (newly-added):
- Alix Rübsaam, Dutch researcher in philosophy of technology, cultural analysis, and post-humanism, and Singularity University Faculty Fellow.
- Dr. David Bray, chief strategy officer for the advanced geospatial company MapLarge.
- Bas Verkaik, pioneer of an electric motorcycle which he rode around the world in 80 days.
- Tilly Lockey, talking about her personal experience using two 3D printed, customized arms, and her role as a leader in the development of technology in this field.
- Dr. Habib Frost, CEO of Neurescue, will speak about the future of medicine and digital biology.
- Laila Pawlak, CEO of Singularity Nordic, passionate about innovation through human-centered design.
- Rachel Sibley, futurist, and immersive-technologies strategist.
- Arturo Elizondo, CEO of Clara Foods, a food-biotech company making real protein without using any animals.
- Amin Toufani, Singularity University chair for economics.
- Murendeni Mafumo, water scientist with 10 years experience in the water and sanitation sector.
- Phathizwe Malinga, SingularityU South Africa faculty member focussed on IoT.
- Stafford Masie, GM at WeWork.
- Adam Pantanowitz, SingularityU South Africa faculty member.
- Geci Karuri-Sebina, a SUSA faculty member, published author on cities and governance.
And the list of confirmed speakers earlier this year:
- Sivan Ya’ari
- Ramez Naam
- Andres De Leon
- Kim Hulett
- Suzanne Gildert
- Kris Østergaard
The co-CEO of SingularityU South Africa concluded that innovation will hold the key to the exponential solutions on solving our education, energy, health, poverty, food, and water challenges.
Find out more about ticket purchase here