StartupCircles.AI is Africa’s first accelerator and startup school and recently held its first Demo day. 13 of the leading startups will showcase their solutions to an investor panel. Part of the solutions on display are retail, sanitation, food, and financial services.
Here are the startups involved according to country:
- Akiba Digital which stands out as a financial aggregator holding a data consolidation and enrichment engine helping businesses better understand the financial behaviors of their customers.
- AYA also referred to as Etsy of Africa which is an online store for African artisan goods.
- Candor Lifestyle is an out-of-scale shoe reseller providing quality and unique styles for both women and men.
- Mdala Online Food which has garnered a reputation of the UberEats of street cuisine, offering on-demand food delivery right to your door.
- Mtwanamba Hygiene providing mobile toilet units for businesses.
- Delta Chem that produces high-quality organic-grade honey using superior honey production methods.
- Mangwee mobile money payments and transfer platform that increases the rate of financial inclusion for farmers, youth, and women.
- Fitrend monitors and gives a diagnosis of diabetes and hypertension.
- Chuuse is an online app providing courses and certification for adults in several areas from business analytics to graphic design.
- Edu VR a VR learning platform from kindergarten to the 12th grade.
- ShortKode an educational app platform allowing students to cover a wide range of subjects with or without internet connectivity.
- Push Eat a marketplace startup connecting informal food vendors with delivery drivers and customers in an effort to reduce the cost of food.
- Yamzit offers POS software to SME businesses that understand the customers and make more sales.