TechInAfrica – An annual blockchain event, the Blockchain Africa Conference will take place in two South African cities, Johannesburg and Cape Town next year. The Conference will be held on 28 February – 1 March 2019 at the Wanderers Club, Johannesburg and on 6 March 2019 at the International Convention Centre (CTICC), Cape Town. Bitcoin Events will be the host of the Conference.
The Blockchain Africa Conference was started and hosted by Bitcoin Events in 2015. It was the first of its kind in Africa. This Conference has consistently brought international experts and thought leaders in the blockchain sphere to meet and share their knowledge about blockchain challenges, opportunities, and latest trends worldwide. Moreover, through the Conference, attendees will have an opportunity to be connected with like-minded people from innovative companies and startups.
The focus of the 2019 Blockchain Africa Conference is to bring technology into the lives of Africans. There will be sessions of discussions, including how to reduce costs, fraud, human error, and inefficiency by changing and simplifying the processes and systems so that it will become more secure as well transparent.
- Farzam Ehsani, CEO and Co-Founder of VALR.com as the MC of the Conference
- Brian Behlendorf, Executive Director of Hyperledger Project
- Phillip Windley, Chair and Board of Trustees at the Sovrin Foundation
- Noah Baalessanvu, Chairman of the National Information Security Advisory Group (NISAG) and Founder at CryptoSavannah
- Kelly Parkhurst, Lead: New Digital CIB, Absa
- Ashlin Perumall, Senior Associate at Baker McKenzie
- Angela Itzikowitz, Executive in ENSafrica’s Banking and Finance Department
- Anushka Soma-Patel, Head of Innovation and Culture at Old Mutual Limited
- Daniel Kimotho, Blockchain Researcher with the Institute for Blockchain Studies
- Peter Munnings, Co-Founder and COO of Adhara
- Eugene Etsebeth, Chief Operating Officer at iCE3X
- Ntuthuko Bhengu, Health Expert on the SA National Planning Commission and a Chartered Director (SA)
- Marvin Coleby, Founder and CEO of Raise and Co-Trustee at the African Digital Asset Foundation
- Tanya Knowles, Managing Executive of Fractal Solutions, a Division of Strate (Pty) Ltd and Chair of the South African Financial Blockchain Consortium
Meanwhile, the speakers for the Blockchain Africa Conference in Cape Town will be:
- Didi Sehume, Project Lead and Strategist at Hume Est as the MC and Moderator
- Kwame Rugunda, Chairman of the Blockchain Association of Uganda
- Heather Dahl, Executive Director of the Sovrin Foundation
- Llew Claasen, Managing Partner of Newtown Partners and Executive Director at the Bitcoin Foundation
- Faith Obafemi, Founder Partner at Lex Futurus
- Caroline Dama, Director and Co-Founder of Grassroots Economics
- Justin McCarthy, CEO of Project UBU
- Simon Dingle, CEO of Inves Capital, South Africa and Radio Presenter
- Rocelo Lopes, Founder of CoinBR and CEO of Stratum and CoinPY
- Marcus Swanepoel, Co-Founder and CEO of Luno
- Shaun Conway, Founder and President at the ixo Foundation and Founder of Global Consent
- Monica Singer, Creator of Opportunities at ConsenSys
There are three main sponsorships of the event, Gold, Premium Media, and Media. The Gold Sponsor includes RMB and Luno while the Premium Media Sponsor is Cliffcentral.com. The Media Sponsors are bitcoinafrica.io, ITWeb, and ThinkWTF.
To register yourself and startup to the Conference in Johannesburg, please visit http://blockchainafrica.co/blockchain-africa-conference-johannesburg/#Tickets and http://blockchainafrica.co/blockchain-africa-conference-cape-town/#Tickets in Cape Town.