TechInAfrica – Seven local startups are selected to represent Egypt in the 2019 Global Entrepreneurship Summit (GES) in The Hague, the Netherlands on June 3 – 5, 2019. The event gives the startups opportunities to network with more than 1,000 entrepreneurs and 300 investors from around the world.
The GES 2019 brings together high-level entrepreneurs, investors, leader, corporate partners, and policymakers. This year’s GES will focus more on its activities in five key areas, including Agriculture/Food, Connectivity, Energy, Health, and Water.
“These seven Egyptian companies were selected because of their drive, vision, and readiness to meet the challenge of scaling up regionally and globally to maximize their impact. We look forward to these startups showcasing their accomplishments on the world-wide stage of GES,” said Thomas Goldberger, U.S. Charge d’Affaires at a press conference hosted by the American Chamber of Commerce on May 20.
The seven Egyptian startups are:
- SWVL, an app that allows Egyptians to book fixed-route buses between neighborhoods for a fixed fare and without surge pricing.
- Elves, an artificial intelligence-powered personal concierge app that can do everything from getting items delivered to your front door to booking flights or restaurant reservations.
- SmartCare, a startup that focuses on corporate health care insurance products.
- Breadfast, a food delivery services company that delivers fresh food overnight and to your doorstep.
- Al-Mouneer, Egypt’s first specialized diabetic eye care clinic that helps preserve the vision of Egyptians through specialized quality services and secure electronic health records.
- Chitosan, a company focusing on developing an organic, safe, and high-quality supply of marine-based chitin and chitosan, which are used in a variety of industries including pharmaceuticals to treat high cholesterol and obesity.
- Agrimatic Farms, a startup commercializing an innovative approach to farming not requiring soil.