TechInAfrica – With a billion users all around the world, WhatsApp instant messaging app always tries to come up with new ideas to create a better experience for its users. Not long time ago, WhatsApp added new text formats—italics, bold, and other formats—to its service. These new formats are expected to add value to your texting experience, making it more fun and different.
However, there are still many WhatsApp users have no idea how to use these new text formats. In fact, it is not a common knowledge for users to be able to use it properly. Therefore, this article is written to share you how to do it. Here we go!
- First of all, open your WhatsApp on your smartphone
- Decide who you want to chat with, could be an individual or a group
- To embolden a word or two, use asterisks (*) before and after the word(s). For example: *love birds*
- On the other hand, if you want to make a word or two in italics order, use underscores (_) before and after the word(s). For example: _love birds_
- And if you want to strike it, use tildes (~) before and after the word. For example: ~love birds~
- Finally, use three back-ticks (`) to put a message in monospace. For example: “`monospace“`
What do you think? It is very easy to follow, isn’t it? Now, your texting experience with WhatsApp is more fun and different.