TechInAfrica – The Daikin-Samurai Incubate Africa Ideathon is already opened and calling for African startups to apply for the program. Selected startups will get the opportunity to pitch their solutions to Daikin, a Japanese company specializes in Air Conditioning. In addition to the opportunity, they will also get a chance to get an investment from Samurai Incubate, a Japanese early-stage venture capital firm.
The program will select 10 shortlisted finalists from African countries to take part in the pitching contest kicking off on December 11th, 2019 in the capital of Kenya, Nairobi. It is opened for African companies specialize in Fintech: mobile money, banking, payment, and lending solutions; e-commerce, Property Tech/RealTech, CleanTech, and AirTech.
Apart from selected startups taking part in the pitching competitions, other startups with great ideas with potential for scaling Daikin’s sales in Africa will be invited to join a meeting up in early 2020 to talk about possible partnerships. Once the idea is agreed and approved, startups can start Proof-of-Concept of the idea with the implementation budget is fully covered by Daikin.
All the travel and accommodation expenses for the 10 finalists will be covered by organizers. The expenses include plane tickets, accommodation, and visa for up to two members of each team.
The application for the Ideathon program will be closed on November 20th, 2019 with these following criteria:
- Based in one of more African countries with a demand for air conditioners
- A for-profit company registered as an independent legal entity
- Have a product or service on the market with these domains: fintech (mobile money/banking/payment/lending solutions), e-commerce, property tech/real estate, clean energy and airtech
- Have a product or service with potential for scale
- Have a strong management team with a minimum of 2 people
- Seeking an opportunity to be a potential African partner to Daikin penetration in Africa and scaling their business