TechInAfrica – Transform Africa Summit 2019 was held in Kigali on May 14 – 17 under the theme “Boosting Africa’s Digital Economy. The Summit was organized by Smart Africa and attended by stakeholders in the IT industry. Many leaders from renowned tech companies on the continent spoke at the Summit, including GVG and Accenture.
Also included in the Summit was business pitching by nine Kenyan innovators which were selected by the Communication Authority of Kenya (CA), the Konza Technopolis Development Authority (KoTDA), ICTA, and the Ministry of ICT.
According to Tech Moran, the innovations include:
- Range – A platform that allows users to create an e-commerce store within minutes and manage it smoothly. The platform is affordable and targeting small business owners and those who use social media to sell their products/services. The app allows users to purchase, share favorite and experience, as well as redeem loyalty points.
- DigiCow Diary App – An app launched that enables dairy farmers to keep a simple record. The main target of the app is smallholder farmers and enterprises in dairy farming, helping them to increase their profits through data-driven decision-making.
- PAID – An online customer relationship management (CRM) system providing business owners with the all-in-one tool for marketing, sales, and customer service. It’s linked to Point of Sales and runs analytics through various devices, tracks customer purchases, engages customers via SMS or Email for Campaigns & Promotions.
- Getboda – A digital on-demand logistics platform using a crowd-sourced model that connects multiple boda boda riders, track and van drivers with third-party logistics companies using a mobile phone and web application.
- Epesi Trip Planner – A web-based vehicle scheduling system to create better transport system planning by lining up, routing up, mapping, as well as managing riders, drivers, and bus conductors in real time.
- Compass Career – An online platform to connect fresh graduates with internship opportunities. Additionally, it also provides career guidance services online or offline. Its services also include career talks, attachment liaison, personality tests, as well as mentor connection.
- Online Workshop – A fintech startup that specializes in branding, digital media, and online marketing. It combines leading digital and technological capabilities with in-depth industry knowledge and experience to help organizations creating brand exposures, websites, qualified leads, as well as revenue growth.
- Kazi Promote – A private startup organization that provides digital jobs for Kenyan youths. The startup focuses on youth and women in employment, helping to address the unemployment crisis in the country.