TechInAfrica – Startups and entrepreneurs from emerging countries are invited to apply for Westerwelle Young Founders’ spring program that will take place in Berlin from March 10 – 14th, 2020. The fully-funded six-month program will select twenty five applicants from the submitted applications.
The program mainly focuses on connecting young entrepreneurs from developing and emerging nations with each other as well as the German startup sphere. It offers a week of a conference held in Berlin, Germany, allowing them to get to know fellow Young Founders and enforce their entrepreneurial skills. The Westerwelle Foundation will cover all the travel and accommodation for selected founders.
Apart from the benefit, there are several other advantages the program offers, including:
- An experienced personal mentor who will be a sparring partner to discuss possible upcoming challenges as well as new opportunities
- Peer mentoring calls every month to share knowledge
- Expert sessions on related topics, such as OKRs, investor KPIs, marketing & sales
- A strong alumni network of Young Founders that helps to share and exchange ideas in order to get the needed support for existing challenges
- Exposure to the Berlin startup scene and the public via Young Founders’ social media channels and networks
- Assistance beyond the program, including in helping to find experts for challenges, share knowledge, and celebrate achievements
- The buddy program that connects Westerwelle Young Founders Program’ alumni with new Young Founders in the same business area
Interested participants need to meet these following requirements:
- Founders who have started a for-profit company for at least five years with a scalable business model that has achieved Product-Market Fit and has ideally secured first external funding
- Founders who have a company that is based in a developing or emerging company or a company that has a strong business focus on developing and emerging nations
- Founders who have a good working knowledge of English and are available to take part in the Young Founders Conference in Berlin as well as monthly mentoring and peer mentoring calls during the 6-month program
The applications of the program close on December 3rd, 2019 at 11 pm CEST. There will be interviews with shortlisted candidates via Skype from November 25th – December 17th, 2019. Meanwhile, selected participants will be announced on January 7th, 2020.