Startups need to know how to pitch their businesses and make them look attractive and investable. Knowing how to place your business in the hearts of potential investors makes it easier to get the needed funds to scale up the business.
The SAIS is offering entrepreneurs in Southern Africa a rare opportunity to learn and master the art of pitching a business and make it more investable. If you are eager to learn, then take advantage of this rare opportunity.
Startups qualified to apply to the programme
If you are based in South Africa, Tanzania, Zambia, Namibia, or Botswana, you are fit to apply to the programme. You must also be a startup up business that’s leveraging technology to make a significant impact in the Southern African region.
Through its Boost Up 2020 initiative program, the Southern African Innovation Support Programme (SAIS) is providing training to startups in the Southern African region.
Application Closing Date
The application ends on 31 May 2020.
The training begins from June to November. During the online training, trainees will have the opportunity to participate in stand up pitching competitions, including a scale-up incubation programme.
Founders Eligibility: Startups SAIS Is Looking For
To be eligible to join the programme, startups must do or have the following;
- Founder must be located in the following countries, South Africa, Tanzania, Namibia, and Zambia.
- Leverage technology to provide a solution to a societal problem in the Southern African region.
- Possess a scalable business model and a willingness to scale up the business.
- Have a prototype ready or be developing or finalizing one.
- Have at least two team members who are also interested in participating in the SAIS boot up programme.
- Haven’t won any SAIS 2-associated national pitch competition and joined the BootUp Bootcamp 2019, Slush Global Impact Accelerator 2018, or have been sponsored by the SAIS 2 to participate in the Slush 2017.
Startups owned by females are highly encouraged to apply.
Everyone can apply here.