TechInAfrica — BeBop Sensors, a sensor technology company, has announced earlier this week that it has incorporated its Forte Data Glove with the Oculus Quest, all-in-one gaming system for VR, to provide the world’s first all-in-one VR enterprise training and design system.
The BeBop Sensors Forte Data Glove incorporated with Oculus Quest to provide a complete VR headset/data glove solution that fits in a small bag for easy shipping with almost no set-up for on-the-go VR enterprise training and maintenance. The integration allows wearers to do real practical things in the virtual world with natural hand interactions. The gloves also provide touch-feedback, making the virtual world more tangible.
To integrate the BeBop and Oculus VR technologies, BeBop Sensors combined its hand-tracking technology with the Oculus controllers’ 3D tracking; and customized BeBop Sensors’ full SDK and haptic feedback system to the Oculus Quest environment. The glove comes with an under 6 millisecond response time and an all-day battery life. It features a comfortable design that fits almost everyone.
The one-size-fits-all Forte Data Glove provides true real-time haptic feedback, targeting the enterprise market. It lets users “feel” textures and surfaces and move digital objects around as though they existed in real life. Currently, in use by Fortune 500 customers, Forte Data Glove applications include Virtual Reality enterprise training, VR medical trials/rehabilitation, robotics, and drone control, VR CAD design and review, and more.
Features of the haptic glove:
- Comfortable, breathable open palm design that fits most people.
- Powerful haptics for an intuitive feel of different textures and surfaces.
- Long battery life for all-day use.
- Fast sensor speeds at 160Hz.
- Waterproof sensors.
- 160 frames per second data rate for instantaneous response times.
- 10 smart fabric bend sensors located above each knuckle provide bend accuracy and repeatability at +/- 1.5 degrees.
- 6 haptic actuators, located on 4 fingertips, the thumb, and the palm.
- Micro USB-C connector charges the internal lithium battery in 2 hours.
- Calibration in under 5 seconds.