TechInAfrica – The shortlist of five innovative startups that will compete to win the AfricaCom’s AHUB Pitch & Win 2019 competition have been announced. The winner will be the one that gets the most votes from the public.
AfricaCom in partnership with GSMA holds the AHUB Pitch & Win 2019 competition to support entrepreneurs who want to grow their businesses. They are required to submit a video of their business pitches. Selected startups get the opportunity to consult with GSMA’s startup experts, one-to-one introductions to investors, enterprises, and peers, as well as pitching opportunity at the AHUB startup stage. In addition, the winners will get access to both AfricaCom 2019 and AFest, AfricaCom’s highly anticipated networking party.
The five selected startups to compete at the AfricaCom’s AHUB Pitch & Win 2019 competition are:
- Greenfingers Mobile(GFM) – a SaaS company providing a platform that promotes transparency and paperless-based farmer management systems. The platform collects farm and farmer details, baseline and household data for impact measurement, records yields and commercial transactions in order to build creditworthiness, monitor field extension staff activity, and to ensure that effective and timely assistance is provided in the field.
- MiMi Money– a peer-to-peer mobile/blockchain technology company that cuts off Africa’s high cost of remittances. MiMi Money is the solution to millions of African unbanked communities as well as youth unemployment in the continent.
- One Kiosk– It matches customers and merchants according to their geographical locations, making it easier and faster to deliver goods. One Kiosk leverages GPS, AI, and Machine Learning to do the task. It is safe, secure and fast (ideally can send goods within 59 minutes).
- Rainmaker–It connects all hospitality and tourism businesses (among other stakeholders) with each other seamlessly. It creates competitive benefits for all hospitality and tourism businesses in the destination, including local tour operators.
- WiPo– Wireless Power (WiPo) provides wireless-powered solutions for drones, electric forklifts, and factory robots, allowing automatic charging using wireless power. The company has developed a drone-port solution that enables the autonomous operation and charging of drone batteries without human intervention.
The vote is open for the public and will close on October 18th at midday South Africa time. One valid email can vote only once.