OceanHub Africa accelerator is calling for applicants with innovative solutions that are impact driven and aim to preserve and restore the healthy life of our oceans. The Cape Town-based programme will continuously run for 6 months online.
Alexis Grosskopf and Stéphanie Canac the co-founders of OceanHub issued a statement providing insights on the importance of assisting startups that are ocean conscious and sustainable. According to the co-founders, their focus is on startups that are science-technology-entrepreneurship driven, and meet the SDGs.
The application window for the programme began on January 25, 2021, and will close on March 5, 2021. All interested startups can submit their application here.
In April 2021, those startups that meet the criteria of innovation and a profitable ocean economy will be chosen for the accelerator.
What do startups stand to gain?
- Scale their business models
- Highly qualified stakeholder network
- Mentorship and support
- Business training and personal development skills
Startups that qualify for the programme:
- For-profit organizations and operate within Africa
- Scalable service and product
- Innovative and disruptive business model
- Aiming to enter new markets