Telkom is looking to empower 15 Soweto-based enterpreneurs by providing them with technology capable of solving problems in their communities. The company even launched a Township Innovation Incubator that enables technology and social entrepreneurs to gain access to solutions that are not only viable but scalable for the mass market while addressing social challenges in the community and broader market.
This 18-month technology business programme will take place virtually with Telkom providing the entrepreneurs with business development services, office space, technology development, digital skills training, access to market, and funding support.
To qualify for the programme, participants must:
- Create an idea or concept that relies on technology to solve a challenge
- Operate their businesses solely from Soweto
- Have a tech-driven concept/idea that solves a social problem
- The entity must be 51% owned by a black South African
- The entrepreneur must have an entrepreneurial mindset
FutureMakers is Telkom’s entrepreneurship development programme launched in May 2015. The fund provides strategic support to startups, existing businesses, and other tech aligned entrepreneurial ventures. The FutureMakers Fund assists enterprises and suppliers with financial empowerment, Partnerships, space and connectivity, and linkages to opportunities.
You can submit an application here before the deadline of 11 December 2020.